AWOL on the Appalachian Trail is a must-read for anyone who loves the outdoors, and Amazon will sell you a Kindle edition for just $2, today only. 4.5 stars on nearly 1200 reviews. [AWOL on the Appalachian Trail, $2]
In 2003, software engineer David Miller left his job, family, and friends to fulfill a dream and hike the Appalachian Trail. AWOL on the Appalachian Trail is Miller’s account of this thru-hike along the entire 2,172 miles from Georgia to Maine. On page after page, readers are treated to rich descriptions of the valleys and mountains, the isolation and reverie, the inspiration that fueled his quest, and the life-changing moments that can only be experienced when dreams are pursued. While this book abounds with introspection and perseverance, it also provides useful passages about safety and proper gear, with a view into a professional hiker’s preparations and tenacity. This is not merely a travel guide, but a beautifully written and highly personal view into one man’s adventure and what it means to make a lifelong vision come true.
- Space Dandy: Season 2 ($37) | Amazon
- Frankenweenie ($10) | Amazon
- Man Who Knew Too Little ($10) | Amazon
- Haywire ($5) | Best Buy
- Winter’s Bone ($5) | Amazon
- Crow Hollow [Kindle] ($2) | Amazon
- AWOL on the Appalachian Trail [Kindle] ($2) | Amazon
- (R)evolution (Phoenix Horizon Book 1) [Kindle] ($2) | Amazon
- DRM-Free 11 Disaster eBook Bundle ($15) | StoryBundle
- Dubliners (Naxos Edition) Audiobook ($3) | Audible
Commerce Content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. Click here to learn more. We want your feedback.
Send deal submissions to Deals@Gawker and all other inquiries to Shane@Gawker.