Bookmark Kinja Deals and follow us on Twitter to never miss a deal. Commerce Content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. Click here to learn more.
This deal pops up every couple of months or so, but if you have a Kindle e-reader on your wish list, today’s your chance to save $20.
For a limited time, Amazon’s offering great deals on Anova’s excellent sous vide circulators. $159 gets you the older Bluetooth model (normally $179), or you can opt for the new Bluetooth + Wi-Fi model for $169, an all-time low. Both will cook the most tender and flavorful meats you’ve ever tried, the only real difference is how far away you can control them with your smartphone.
Update: For some reason, the Bluetooth + Wi-Fi model includes the option to purchase through Amazon’s Subscribe & Save program, which will save you an extra $9. Just remember to cancel the subscription after you receive the circulator.
Lifehacker has a great explainer on sous-vide cooking for you to check out, but the basic idea is that you seal your food in plastic bags, and then cook it in precisely heated water over a fairly long period of time. Here are some advantages to this process from Lifehacker’s guide:
- Cooking sous-vide results in evenly-cooked meat and fish.
- Cooking sous-vide gives you specific control over the final temperature of the meat, avoiding overdone, dried-out food.
- You can hold foods cooked sous-vide at their specified temperature for long periods of time without damaging the texture or quality of the dish, making it an ideal cooking method for holiday dinners or meals with multiple components and side-dishes.
- Bacterial or other contamination is largely not an issue with sous-vide cooking. While you may be cooking up to minimum safe temperatures, the length of time you’re holding the food at its safe temperature will pasteurize your meat and ensure the safety of your food, meaning “safe” meat doesn’t have to equal “dry” or “not pink” meat any longer. Still, keep your meat thermometer handy, and test before serving. Remember, sous-vide lets you hold food at temp for long periods without diminishing the quality of the food, so if it’s undercooked, you can seal the bag and put it back in.
- Sous-vide cooking is by nature a repeatable process. Set the temperature, set the timer, and walk away. You will wind up with perfectly cooked food every time you do it.
I got the Bluetooth model as a gift a few months ago, and I can’t say enough good things about it. In fact, I might just use it to make scrambled eggs this morning.
This Black + Decker cordless trimmer ingeniously includes a detachable wheeled base to transform it into a makeshift lawnmower. If you just have a small yard to tend to, this could be a perfect solution, and today’s price is the lowest Amazon’s ever offered.
Today only, Amazon’s running a sale on NYDJ womens’ jeans, with prices starting under $40. Just note that it’s a Gold Box deal, meaning these prices are only available today, or until sold out.
Hopefully you’re never in a situation where you need a LifeStraw personal water filter, but just in case, their entire product line is on sale today in Amazon’s Gold Box, including the iconic straw, and the useful personal water bottle.
Once you’ve owned a vacuum-insulated stainless steel water bottle, every other liquid vessel technology will be forever ruined for you. This 40 ounce model has great reviews, and is an absolute steal at $15, in a variety of colors.
Sony’s A7 changed the full-frame photography conversation in the same way that its RX100 line changed the game in the point-and-shoot space. The A7’s size advantage alone makes it difficult to recommend anything else for pro photographers, and today it’s available for a new low price of $998for the body only. Check out Gizmodo’s review for the full rundown.
If you’ve got the space for it, this feature-packed NordicTrack treadmill is marked down to $749 on Amazon today as part of a Gold Box deal. That’s the first time it’s ever been below $1,000, and a great deal for any treadmill that inclines up to 15%, 32 built-in workouts, touchscreen control, and an integrated sound system.
I probably make fresh waffles in my waffle iron every other weekend or so, but in between, I’ve used it to make hash browns, pressed sandwiches, and even churros. Lifehacker has a ton of other suggestions too, including mozzarella sticks, 90-second cookies, pre-packaged cinnamon rolls, and even crispy bacon. So you see, calling this thing a waffle iron is practically a misnomer.
You could open your own pub with this 10-pack of pint glasses for just $13.
Velcro cable ties can transform the rat king of cables behind your desk or home theater into something more manageable, and you can get 100 of them today on Amazon for just $6. Now, Amazon frequently lists these at $5, but as add-on items that only ship as part of a $25 order. Today, you’ll pay $1 more, but you can get free Prime shipping.
Earlier this week, we shared a deal on a front pocket RFID-blocking wallet for $8, but if that one wasn’t your style, here’s another option for the same price.
For a few years now, Antec’s USB-powered HDTV bias light has been one of our most reliably popular deals whenever it went on sale. The problem: It only gets a significant discount once every few months. Luckily, a copycat has emerged to fill in the gap.
Just like the Antec model, this Vansky LED light strips plug directly into your TV’s USB port for power, and sticks to the back of the set via built-in adhesive. Once you turn your TV on, the light strip will cast a soft glow on the wall behind it, which can reduce eyestrain when watching in the dark, and improve your TV’s perceived black levels. We’ve posted a few deals on this model, but $15 is the best price we’ve seen.
- Fire HD 10 | $180 | Amazon
- Kindle Paperwhite | $100 | Amazon
- Kindle | $60 | Amazon
- Sony a7 Full-Frame Mirrorless Digital Camera - Body Only | $998 | Amazon
- HP - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor | $140 | Best Buy
- Beats by Dr. Dre - Solo 2 On-Ear Headphones | $90 | Best Buy | White or black
- Anova Sous-Vide Circulator Bluetooth | $159 | Amazon
- Anova Sous-Vide Circulator Bluetooth + Wi-Fi | $169 | Amazon
- BLACK+DECKER 12-Inch Lithium Cordless 3-in-1 Trimmer/Edger and Mower, 20-volt | $96 | Amazon
- InterDesign Refrigerator, Freezer and Kitchen Storage Organizer Bins, 4 Piece Set | $22 | Amazon
- Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0-Horsepower Continuous-Feed Garbage Disposal | $123 | Amazon
- Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress, Queen | $390 | Amazon
- Vitamix 5200 Series Blender | $400 | Amazon
- Homdox Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle , 40-Ounce ,Wide Mouth | $15 | Amazon | Use code 5W266R5E
- Blendtec 475 Classic Blender-Red | $205 | Woot
- iRobot Roomba 880 Vacuum Cleaning Robot | $595 | Amazon
- Hoover - WindTunnel Air HEPA Bagless Upright Vacuum | $90 | Best Buy
- Emerson Ceiling Fans | $90-$300 | Woot
- 50% off NYDJ Jeans | Amazon | Today only
- Up to 40% off LifeStraw Products | Amazon | Today only
- NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill | $749 | Amazon
- Withings - Pulse O2 Tracker + Heart Rate | $80 | Best Buy
- Withings - Activité Pop Activity Tracker Watch | $100 | Best Buy
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition | $96 | Amazon | Prime only, discount shown at checkout.
Commerce Content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale. Click here to learn more, and don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletter. We want your feedback.